Saturday, September 1, 2007

24 Mile Bike Ride....on a Friday night.

I was going to go on a small 2 mile bike ride with my friend Jake after he got off work. He called and had to cancel because his wife wasn't feeling good. I decided that I'd still go on a little ride so I filled my camel back with water, put on my shoes and headed out the door. From Washington Terrace I rode down into Riverdale to the weber river trail. This was a nice paved trail that follows the Weber river...very relaxing.

This didn't take long and I looked at the pedometer on my bike and it read 6 miles. I was still feeling good so I decided to ride from Riverdale up 40th street to Harrison Blvd. and down to 27th. Once I got to 27th I headed east toward the mountain. That's where I jumped on the BST (Bonneville Shoreline Trail) and started heading south. 1 mile up is an great view of the Ogden Valley. (This was the place I was originally going to take my friend to.) The trail up to this lookout is a pretty good workout....but it doesn't take very long to get up. (between 15-20 minutes) So it's a good night ride. After looking out over Ogden for a while I got back on my bike and continued to ride south. Eventually, the trail took me to a section where I could have ridden up to Beaus canyone, or start to go down the trail. I headed down because it was starting to get dark....and I was feeling pretty tired. The trail popped me out just above the weber state football field. I rode up to 4600 and headed back to River Heights.

That was my ride. :0)

No comments: