Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The NOT so adventurous adventures of James

O.k....so I was getting ready to write a little entry into my blog here and noticed that all my blogs go under the Title "Adventures of James". This blog isn't really an adventure....more of a rambling...or Journal entry. So here we go.

I woke up this morning at 5 am to get ready to go down to Salt Lake City. A friend of mine invited me to sing a song that he arranged called "Praise To the Man" down at a morning fireside at the Church history building. I think that was the building. (It's the one with a big picture of the earth on the front of it) Over the last couple weeks we've gotten together a few times and rehearsed the song and then performed it this morning at 8:00 am.

There were about 12 people (6 guys, 6 girls) that sang the song. The overall performance of the group was great. Vaughn (the one that arranged the piece) asked people that he knew could sing, so everyone there had great voices. It was a nice experience....I love singing Sacred music. There always seems to be a spiritual strength that is drawn from participating in small things like this.

I carpooled down with 2 of the girls (Kerabeth and Nikki). That was fun by itself because they're both hilarious. On the way back we stopped and grabbed a Jamba juice for breakfast....mmmmm....I liked it. I had a mango somthin somthin (I can't remember what it was) with Orange Juice. Nikki recommended it so I gave it a try and it was delicious.

After getting back, I headed over to a flooring store to try and catch the manager. I dropped a resume off last week and I was trying to do a little follow up...but he wasn't in. I'll try this afternoon again to see if I can catch him.

More later...........

No comments: